OK, Tagged again! Its all Bill`s fault this one! So I got to post the basic rules :
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
1. Nearly met the Queen once! She paid a Royal Visit to a hospital where I was based in the 90`s….(click pic above for a big `un). The thing with these visits is quite amazing and very hypocritical though…this woman never sees anything as it really is, can you imagine that? The only way she sees the real world is thru` the television and on her official visits to places never goes off the planned itinerary…so her little wander thru` the hospital was made to look like something out of a 5-star luxury hotel with decoration, plants, pictures, all placed for her benefit…and as she proceeded down the route they were all being removed behind her!! Its like a comedy routine! She was greeted at the main entrance in the pic by various hospital admins and me in the background desperately trying to earwig on everything! She seemed a very nice `ol girl anyway! Official Secrets Act prohibits me repeating anything (joke!!!) and I do not wish to just quietly disappear at the hands of MI5 or something!!!
2. I am a serious cat-lover and have 3 at the mo, Axle, Rose & Strife. Strife was part of a double act my son and I went and purchased in 2001. We purchased 2 tiny little`uns and named them Trouble & Strife and Trouble gave birth to Axle and Rose in 2002 and then jumped out the window one day and never came back! I did meet up with her again though as she had simply changed allegiance and moved in with another set of servants nearby!! She did try to explain that she simply could not handle the youngsters anymore and wanted an easier life with servants that would devote full time doting to her exclusively…this did set me back a little but, as long as she was happy, who was I to complain?
3. I am a serious tea drinker. I can get thru` 30 cups of tea a day easily and suffer withdrawal from absent teabags.
4. I am colourblind and in the past have had many a heated discussion on colour! This has now reversed where I will happily take on board whatever I am told concerning colours!
5. Talking of colours, my favourite, at the moment, is grey(gray). Is grey a colour then? I don`t know! I don`t care either! Which is a bit paradoxical to me because there is nothing I hate more in the UK than our “grey days”…and we have LOTS of them!
6. I HATE going to the Doctors! Full-stop so there!!
7. I am follicly-challenged(?what?) I am bald and have the usual two sidestrips of hair on my bonce and unfortunately for me used to have the two sidestrips a little bit on the loooong side…utterly stupid but there you go. My daughters friend kinda commented on it to her while I was languishing outside her school one day that I looked like an old hippy…so my daughter, God Bless her, kindly put her straight by informing said friend that no, I was an old rocker!! Hmmnnnn!!
8. and finally folks…I love cycling again, after all these years and have been busy messin` with a 30 odd year old 531 framed bike from the 70`s which has a great history attached to it, being used by my older bro to cycle thru` France many a time. The Tour de France has also started, YaY!! It started in my own country for a change too! I`ll be trying to follow it as best I can…